Our team of experienced underwriters provides you with trusted advice on a broad spectrum of equine and livestock-related risks.
The risks underwritten include theft, loss of income protection, medical costs and animal mortality. The international team is based in London and offers our broker partners risk solutions on both Lloyd’s of London and Liberty company platforms.
Our Equine and Livestock insurance features include:
Classes of Business:
- Animal Mortality
- Restricted perils (fire, lightning, windstorm, flood, vehicle collision)
- Loss of Income protection
- Medical/Surgical costs
- Emergency Colic Surgery costs
- Conception and Fetus cover
- Equine Care, Custody & Control
- Equine Public Liability
- Equine Employers Liability
- Up to GBP 10 million (or currency equivalent) for liability lines
- Up to GBP 5 million (or currency equivalent) per animal
September's Million-Dollar Show Ring
The Keeneland Yearlings Sale is a marquee event for the equine industry, but also a finger on the pulse of the global economy. Julian Bowen-Rees, Liberty Specialty Markets’ global head of equine and livestock, provides the inside track on the world’s leading auction of young horses.
Unique Perspectives Blogs
Reining in the risks
Jeremy Chappell Specialist Equine Underwriter at Liberty Specialty Markets shares his insights on how to help brokers and clients plan for a good renewal.