As a global fine art insurer with dedicated Fine Art teams in London, Europe and the US, our policies protect works of art and collections all over the world, on site and in transit.
Our commitment goes beyond protecting existing works and collections. We believe in supporting a vibrant and sustainable future for the art sector. Our programmes support artists at all stages of their careers, from encouraging creativity in schoolchildren to supporting professional artists, and we support local community initiatives, because we recognise the importance of art for wellbeing and mental health.
We also want to promote the enjoyment of art by the general public. Our support for the ‘Titian: Love, Desire, Death’ exhibition at London’s National Gallery is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to see Titian’s Poesie paintings together as they were intended, and we were delighted to have a part in making this possible.
Art Award programme
In 2018, we launched our inaugural Liberty Specialty Markets Art Award programme, adding an exciting dimension to our current CSR programme. The project supports emerging artists in their transition between art school and the commercial art world.
Artists taking part in the Art Award programme are paid to display their work in our London office at 20 Fenchurch Street. Since its launch, the Art Award has supported 27 artists from around the UK. Our cycle for 2020 - 2022 will be exhibiting for an extra year.
All works are available to purchase via an online action.
We have an Expert Panel who review all pieces and award a prize of £5000 to the winner. We also have a global staff vote winner who is awarded £2000. In 2019, 388 employees voted from all over the world for their favourite piece as part of the staff vote.
The project also incorporated a development programme for the artists, including training sessions, mentoring and workshops. This is in line with our approach to equip the artists with commercial skills with which to build a sustainable career.
We’re thrilled that our Art Award programme has been extended out across our global offices:
- In May 2020, the LSM Asia Pacific team launched their Art Award in collaboration with the wider programme. The Sydney office have works from five artists on display from artists at Studio A, a charity partner of LSM’s for the past 10 years.
- Our Paris office launched a digital Art Award programme, in partnership with CADAF online, to celebrate young artists working with digital art and new media. They crowned their digital artist winner – Chloe Bensahel.
Art Award winners
Supporting artists of the future
- Our Aspiring Artists initiative encourages primary school children to explore their creativity and develop their skills
- In the US, we partner with Artadia, a not-for-profit organisation supporting established artists
Supporting art in the community
- We support the Lloyd’s Art Group, a collective of amateur and professional artists connected to the London insurance market
- We are the official insurance ambassador and founding patron for The Line, London’s only dedicated public art walk
- In Sydney we help artists living with intellectual disability achieve their artistic and economic aspirations through an organisation called Studio A
Supporting existing works of art
- Our insurance policies protect works of art in museums, galleries and private collections
- We sponsored the Titian: Love Desire Death exhibition at the National Gallery in London, reuniting the works for the first time since the 16th century