About the Team:
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit member of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the 2nd largest Surety company in the United States and one of the largest globally. We specialize in providing surety bonds for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises for corporations and individuals on an account and transactional basis, and conduct business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty owned subsidiaries, with bonds issued in over 60 countries. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service to agents and customers throughout our field offices across the U.S., and in Mexico, Canada, Brazil, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Hong Kong, and Australia. We are committed to our value proposition of building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service, and is dedicated to the communities we serve and values highly a diverse workforce.
About the Role:
In this role, you will market, underwrite, and service independent brokers and accounts within an assigned territory. Using your excellent rapport building skills, you will build and maintain positive relationships and will market to your territory focusing on relationship building rather than transactional sales. You will also use your business and financial acumen to perform primary credit underwriting and financial/risk analysis, provide recommendations, and make decisions on new and existing accounts. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated surety professional looking to advance their career with a top surety company that focuses on its employees and customers first.
- Meets with customers and brokers from assigned territory to solicit business/submissions via marketing efforts and educate customers on Liberty Mutual Surety policies, procedures, appetite, and requirements. Act in a consultative capacity and discuss/review accounts and performance.
- Originate, lead, and underwrite surety transactions.
- Develop/maintain strong relationships and meets with brokers as well as corporate clients and oversee a book of surety business. Meets production, marketing, and profitability goals as set by manager and assist in business development. Develop of a book of business to broaden the portfolio with various accounts in compliance with given Underwriting Guidelines.
- Performing analytical evaluations of financial statements on both a static and trend basis. Determines the present and historical financial position of the account and monitors financial position of risk through analysis.
- Responsible for investigation, analyzing, and managing all necessary underwriting/accounting/work flow issues, within framework of Surety policies and procedures.
- Monitor an existing book of business from an underwriting standpoint. Continuously evaluates the qualitative characteristics of the business (new and existing) as assigned. Examples include utilization of self-audit programs, financial ratio analysis report. Makes recommendations to Manager for proper lines of authority to be submitted to Home Office. Monitors and controls utilization of such lines to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Analyse exposures and determine the appropriate surety coverage and conditions, risk exposure, loss history, and economic trends that may impact terms and conditions offered to the client.
- Attend client, broker and market meetings as well as in regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable internal and external laws, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance.
- Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and best practice methodology in order to minimise risk as incorporated into the Underwriting Controls Framework.
- Provide direction for topics to be addressed in meetings with brokers, contractors and others, as necessary Underwriting.
- Actively contribute to the team spirit and collaborate cross-country and cross-functionally.
- Assist in market screening and the definition of appropriate policies and underwriting guidance.
- Use of risk profiling and pricing tools and loss models.
- Prepare and implement instructions for administering work flows and accounting/billing issues to service unique situations.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned – bring creativity for the optimization of work flows and accounting and billing issues.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Surety Underwriting experience or commercial credit banking.
- Mature and self-confident; ability to face clients, business partners and senior colleagues.
- Strong problem-solving, marketing and account-management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage time and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage many tasks simultaneously in addition to comfortably interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
- Fluent in German and proficient in English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Strong economic, political, current affairs understanding and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders (brokers, clients, colleagues and other business partners).
- Profound computer skills, in particular Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong level of numeracy, literacy and technology skills without losing the conceptual skills for the bigger picture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.
For more information please follow the link below: