Who we are?
Liberty Specialty Markets is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets. Established in 2013, bringing together Liberty’s company, syndicate and reinsurance operations into one combined operation of over 1,800 people, over 50 specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products and four underwriting platforms.
About the Team:
To be responsible for all outputs from the Data Quality Tool in respect of Financials, and ensuring that each exception has a process for resolution. To meet with Key Stakeholders across the wider business to ensure that the requirements are being met, and that all concerns around Financial Data are mitigated. Providing analysis to the business on movements in Financial data through reporting
About the Role:
- To validate outputs of Operational Data Controls
- Ensure that all identified issues are documented.
- Ensure that mappings are accurately maintained, and reporting is consistent across the business.
- Resolve mapping queries raised by Key Stakeholders.
- Develop further controls and processes around the current mappings, and ensure that issues have a robust escalation process.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all daily controls are completed, and issues identified.
- Ensure that all outputs are consolidated each month in to a Summary able to be distributed across the business.
- Assisting in the development of the communications around the business of the benefits of Operational Data.
- To further develop both internal and external business relationships to allow for the promoting of the Operational Data Function.
- To assist in the reporting and monitoring of key metrics and figures across the business.
- Make source system amendments, where applicable, to ensure accuracy of data.
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM’s commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Analytical experience
- Strong Excel skills (Intermediate+)
- Some insurance experience preferable but not essential;
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
What we can offer you:
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. We are a proud sponsor of MumsNet and encourage a flexible work life balance.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
For more information, please follow the link below: