Job Title: Financial Accounting Reconciliations Analyst
About the Team:
Finance in Liberty Specialty Markets consists of circa 100 FTE and has a number of key roles:
- To partner the business to improve decision-making with a focus on strategy, planning, analysis and reporting. Support is provided both to the three management ‘Pillars’ – London, Reinsurance and International – and also to the supporting functions within LSM
- To ensure that all external financial reporting requirements (statutory, regulatory, tax, capital etc) are fulfilled. LSM consists of a Lloyd’s Syndicate, a UK insurance company with European branches, a number of small service companies and a portion of a US balance sheet
- To provide insightful performance analysis on the LSM legal entities to the Legal Entity Management Committees enabling effective performance planning and management
- To report to our US Parent on standard monthly requirements and ad-hoc requests on both a pillar and a legal basis
- To ensure management of our investments, cash and all financial risks
- To give finance operations support to the business and finance
About the Role:
- Producing general ledger reconciliations on a timely basis
- Adherence to SLA and KPI criteria ensuring reconciling items are understood and resolved
- Contribution to the establishment of robust, automated reconciliation routines
- Assist in the identification and development of operational improvements
- Maintenance of task documentation and filing to ensure all reconciliations are clearly understood and auditable
- Support the Finance Leadership Team in delivering transformation and continuous improvement
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM’s commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Studying for a professional accounting qualification (preferred)
- Experience of working in a controlled finance environment
- Confidence to form relationships and chip in to discussions
- Strong system skills – Excel (essential) and SAP (preferred)
- Ability to work to deadlines and handle time efficiently
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.