About the Team:
- Recording and modelling of exposure information with sufficient levels of details and integrity.
- Production of regulatory returns including: RMD, Lloyd’s Catastrophe Model (LCM).
- Production of capital model catastrophe data feeds.
- Production of internal management information.
- Production of required outward reinsurance placing information.
- Production of post event exposure analysis
About the Role:
- Record and maintain policy and exposure information in accumulation systems
- Use RiskLink to model risk on behalf of underwriters pre-bind.
- Provide modelled output for use in the following Syndicate processes: quarterly RDS, bi-annual ICA, monthly
- aggregate monitoring, outwards reinsurance submissions as necessary, ERM/PED data for LMG,
- GAREAT/LFB reports
- Learn about classes modelled in RMS and how to best use catastrophe models
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM’s commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include the Senior Managers and Certification Regime Conduct Rules ,Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g. natural sciences, business, maths, geography, actuarial science)
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process and understand data quickly and creatively.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, or other programming languages is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to explain complex topics.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently whilst integrating into a time critical business environment.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.
For more information please follow the link below: