Senior Risk Engineer
Ben is a Risk Engineer working with the property, casualty and construction lines of business at Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM). He is responsible for providing sound risk selection advice to underwriters as well as technical risk control guidance to LSM clients.
Before starting his current role at LSM in 2018, Ben worked in the commercial property risk engineering team at AIG, conducting site surveys and desktop reviews in a range of sectors including heavy industry, manufacturing, hospitality, real estate, healthcare, retail and IT.
Prior to joining AIG in 2014, Ben graduated from the University of Leeds with a first class Engineering degree, having also undertaken a period of international study at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia.
Ben participates in a number of technical working groups in the field of risk management and loss prevention, including:
- RISCAuthority – Risk Control
- RISCAuthority – Passive Fire Protection
- RISCAuthority – Security
- Association of Insurance Surveyors (AiS)
- Construction Insurance Risk Engineers Group (CIREG)
- Leisure Expert Panel (LEP)
Ben has the following qualifications:
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering with Construction Management
- Diploma in Insurance
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Ben has the following professional memberships:
- Associate Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers
- Associate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health