Our Legal Indemnity insurance helps protect property owners and lenders against a range of problems, from straightforward residential risks to complex commercial and development issues. Our coverage protects current owners and their successors in title (including mortgagees and lessees).
We have more than 20 years’ experience writing legal indemnity risks, ranging from straightforward residential enquiries to the most challenging commercial risks.
The core book of defective title and allied coverages is written through three longstanding coverholder facilities:
- Countrywide Legal Indemnities (www.countrywidelegal.co.uk)
- ISIS Conveyancing Insurance Specialists (www.isisconveyancing.co.uk)
- Legal and Insurance Services (www.goodtitle.co.uk).
Business is sourced through UK solicitors and a network of insurance brokers. Enquiries for cover should be made direct with our coverholders via the links above.
Our Legal Indemnity product features include:
- Defective titles including good leasehold title, lost title deeds, adverse possession, outstanding rights and easements
- Restrictive covenants
- Chancel repair liability
- Defective lease including contingent buildings insurance, absentee landlord and maisonette (incorporating seven of the most common defects)
- Flying and/or creeping freehold
- Insolvency act
- Lack of planning permission and/or lack of building regulation consent
- Access and/or services
- Searches including cover for search delay, search validation, no search and no search-mortgagee only
- Contaminated land – expenses incurred in treating, isolating or removing any substance from the policyholder’s land in accordance with the requirements of any statutory notice
GBP 150 million