Our underwriting assistants provide dedicated support to the underwriters, carrying out administrative tasks and liaising with other operations teams to provide the underwriters with the data and information they need to complete the underwriting process. This is a very varied role which offers a great foundation for an insurance career.
At the same time as providing administrative support, underwriting assistants develop underwriting skills themselves, through working closely with underwriters and using the same guidelines, processes and systems. They can progress into an assistant underwriter role within the underwriting department, senior underwriting assistants and can go on to management roles or become technical specialists. Many of our senior underwriters started their careers in this way.
We look for a broad skillset including both communications and numeracy:
- Relevant insurance experience, preferably within the European or London Market
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good MS Office skills; in particular Excel
- Experience of working to varying and sometimes tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills required
If you have language skills, you may be interested in an underwriting assistant role in our Dublin Centre of Excellence, which provides support to underwriters across our European offices.