Who we are?
Liberty Specialty Markets is part of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets. Established in 2013, bringing together Liberty’s company, syndicate and reinsurance operations into one combined operation of over 1,800 people, over 50 specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products and four underwriting platforms.
About the Team:
We are looking for someone to join our Business Support team working on the Cash & debt matters within a growing team.
About the Role:
Data Entry and Quality Control:
- Administers accurate and timely logging of data onto the relevant systems i.e. premium/ policy /endorsement /quotes/renewals and submission entries and manages own workload appropriately (IRIS, Genius and LUCID)
- Monitors own performance against team’s SLA’s and KPI’s
- Assist and support the team on ad hoc tasks and projects.
- Responds positively when data quality issues are identified within his/her work, and takes corrective actions in timely manner.
- Maintains all user defined databases for underwriting unit
- Assist in the resolution of all transactional data management issues (cash allocations, debtors signings management) within SLA’s
- Support various month close procedures as directed
- Administers Document Management processes to correct standards
- Seeks and communicates with management opportunities for continuous improvement within processes and procedures
- Prioritise work and gives a good level of attention to detail to ensure team quality and timeliness targets are met
- Be an active member of the team meetings, sharing relevant information with colleagues and contributing positively to the team’s objectives
- Raise salient business issues to the appropriate management level
- Contribute to system and process change activities as directed by the Underwriting Support Manager.
- Any other duties as is reasonably requested.
- Under the guidance of the Underwriting Support Manager make measurable progress against the development framework
- Commit to and demonstrate progress towards professional qualifications (e.g.ACII)
- Seeks to further develop an understanding of Underwriting and target business
- Maintain documented evidence of progression towards achieving annual appraisal objectives.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant insurance experience, preferably within the London/ Lloyd’s Market
- Experience with transactional insurance system Genius/IRIS highly desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good MS Office skills; in particular Excel.
- Experience of working to varying and tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills required
What we can offer you:
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals.
We know that each of us has a ‘unique perspective’, shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. We are a proud sponsor of MumsNet and encourage a flexible work life balance.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
For more information, please follow the link below: