Legal indemnity insurance indemnifies property purchasers or mortgage lenders against issues arising on a property title or covenants. The policy coverage benefits property purchasers and their successors in title (including mortgagees and lessees).
Liberty Specialty Markets has in excess of 15 years’ experience writing direct legal indemnity risks ranging from straightforward residential enquiries to the most challenging commercial risks.
The core book of defective title and allied coverages is written through three longstanding coverholder facilities:
Business is sourced primarily through UK solicitors with some through the broker network. Personal enquiries for cover should be made via the links above.
- Defective Titles including Good Leasehold Title, Lost Title Deeds, Adverse Possession, Outstanding Rights and Easements
- Restrictive Covenants
- Chancel Repair Liability
- Defective Lease including Contingent Buildings Insurance, Absentee Landlord and Maisonette (incorporating seven of the most Common Defects)
- Flying and/or Creeping Freehold
- Insolvency Act
- Lack of Planning Permission and/or Lack of Building Regulation Consent
- Access and/or Services
- Searches including cover for Search Delay, Search Validation, No Search and No Search-mortgagee only
- Contaminated Land – expenses incurred in treating, isolating or removing any substance from the Policyholder’s land in accordance with the requirements of any Statutory Notice
- Other territories will be considered